OSS2019 Posters Session Guidelines
Setup / Pack up
Please have your poster setup up between 8am – 11am Tuesday 12th November. Poster board will be located in the exhibition area. Please remove items between 1.30pm - 2pm Thursday 14th November.
Duration of poster session
The poster session will be held during the breaks on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of OSS2019. You will be allocated one day to be by your poster. Details are available on the OSS programme.
Space provided for poster
Poster boards are free standing boards, size of 2m high by 1m wide. (portrait style). Given the space restrictions computers/monitors or small tables in front of the poster boards cannot be used. Should you have flyers we recommend bringing brochure holders that can be part of your poster display that go on the poster board or you can hand them out. (brochure holders may be hired, plse contact for details)
What to bring
As well as your poster, bring velcro or pins to attach the poster. Brochure holders for flyers or business cards, or you can hand these out. (or ensure you pre order you brochure holder).
What to expect during the posters presentations
Please remain by your poster ready to discuss your work. Delegates are invited to talk to those presenting work of interest to them. When in a conversation with someone, others may also be interested, please be aware of and welcome others who may also maybe interested and have questions about your work.
Tips for posters
- Design - posters should be visually appealing
- Readable – fonts are big enough from a distance
- Understandable – the big picture, minimise jargon
- Logically organised – creates the story and uncluttered
- To the point – highlight the important components
- Colourful – use of colourful text and/or photos
- Visually engaging – attracted with large, clear graphs, photos or other images
- Conversational in nature – text is framed in a language that is appropriate for a walking, interested reader.
- Handouts may be useful for reference, further details, and contact information.